How to Report a Claim
When to report
IMMEDIATELY notify Professionals Advocate if:
- You receive a notice of a lawsuit
- You receive a claim letter from an attorney
- You receive a request to meet with an attorney regarding your care of a patient
- You have an incident that may lead to or trigger a medical negligence claim
Swift reporting to ProAd is crucial in these instances so that we are able to respond within the alloted time frame.
How to report
There are several ways to contact ProAd to report a claim, lawsuit or incident:
Call us at (800) 492-0193 and inform the operator that you are an Insured reporting a new claim.
Log in to the secure area of the site and select "Report a Claim."
Fax any documents you receive to (410) 785-3057.
After reporting a claim, please note the following precautions:
- Do not ignore any legal papers you receive pertaining to your lawsuit. Forward all materials to Professionals Advocate immediately
- Do not respond to any legal papers before contacting Professionals Advocate
- Do not discuss the circumstances surrounding the incident with anyone other than the attorney representing you or a Professionals Advocate Claims Representative
- Do not make any additions or deletions to the patient's records
- Do not attempt to contact the patient filing the lawsuit in any way
- Do not review any medical literature specific to alleged or potential claim